My brother and I opened Kervin Brothers in May of 1985. We are a full service ornamental ironworks, with CNC burning and pipe bending capability. We fabricate and install.
We have done work on the private homes of the past or current presidents of Mentor Graphics, Boyd Coffee Company, American Steel, Steinfelds Pickles, Great Western Development, CFI ProServices, Willamette Industries, GSL Development, and a host of businesses including Nike, Boeing of Portland, Epson USA, Multnomah Athletic Club, Pioneer Square Courthouse, (this project was nominated for a federal excellence award), REI Recreational Equipment, Cal Bag Metals, the Washington State Ferry System, Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, Wastech Recycling, and The Learning Channel.
- In 1994 we completed a large structural and ornamental railing project for Kiewit Pacific in Hawaii.
- In 1996 we built the stair towers and over 1000 ft. of railing for a Walsh Construction Co. complex in S.W.Portland.
- In 1997 we fabricated interior railing for the remodel of Portland’s Historic City Hall.
- In 1998 we completed the balcony and courtyard ironwork for the Belmont Dairy Rowhouses behind Zupan’s on 35th & Belmont.
- In 1999 we helped Anne Fisher and Assoc. turn a home overlooking the Puget Sound in Seattle into an Italian Villa, complete with ornamental pavilion, 100’ arched grape arbor, gates and fencing.
- In 2000 we did the seismic upgrade of Franklin High School, and provided the steel for a two square block housing development at the University of Portland.
- In 2001 we provided the structural steel for a 50,000 sq. ft. development in the Sunset Corridor, and 23 tons of support steel in Jamison Square Park.
- 2002 found us providing entry gates for three Hillsboro City Parks, and Camas High School. We also began a line of Garden Art designs.
- In 2003 we purchased a CNC plasma metal cutting machine. This greatly expanded our ornamental and custom work.
- City Center Affordable Housing was our big project for 2004. We built and installed nearly 100 balcony railings and produced handrail for five multistory stair towers.
- 2005 found us in Gresham and Woodland, Wa. for large commercial projects.
- In 2006 we had articles published in Oregon Home magazine, The Daily Journal of Commerce, The Fabricator, and were filmed by The Learning Channel building and installing a copper and steel custom estate driveway gate for the television program, “Little People, Big World.”
- AM Northwest filmed a live segment at our shop in 2007.
Thank you for your interest. Let us know how we may assist you with your ironwork project.
Tom and Gary Kervin